There are three main credit bureaus. Below is some helpful information that you may need about them.
Addresses for Credit Bureaus
P.O. Box 9556
Allen, TX 75013
P.O. Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374-0241
Trans Union Consumer Relations
P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA 19022-2000
When writing the credit bureaus be sure to include the following information:
- Your full legal name
- Current Mailing Address
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
- A Copy of your Driver's License showing yur current address
- A Copy of your Social Security Card if your number does not show on your Driver's License
If you provide all this information up front it will speed things up because you won't have to wait for them to mail you a letter requesting the information and then wait the additional time it take you to mail it back in.
General Contact Numbers for the Credit Bureaus
Office in TX: 1-888-397-3742
Dispute Fax #: 1-888-826-0573
Office in PA: 1-800-888-4213
1-800-916-8800 (consumer relations)
How To Get A Free Copy of Your Credit Report
- You can get a free report once a year from www.annualcreditreport.com. This does NOT give you your CREDIT SCORE. .
- If you have been turned down for credit, employment, or insurance within the last 60 days. Mail the written proof of your turn down to the credit bureaus along with a letter requesting your free report.
- If you have been charged higher rates and fees or deposits based on a credit report issued by a credit bureau, you have the right to get a free copy from that bureau.
- If you certify in writing that you are unemployed and plan to seek employment in the next 60 days you can get a free copy of your credit report.
- If you are receive welfare.
- If you write to the bureaus explaining that you were a victim of fraud.